APPROACHING THE NEW YEAR WITH A MINDSET OF ABUNDANCE
48% of the American population quit their jobs this year with the intention of being self-employed. There was a surge in numbers of online businesses, coaches, entrepreneurs, hair and fashion channels, food porn, and tik tok presenters.
What made these people throw away their seemingly satisfactory and well-paying jobs to pursue their passion and interests instead?
The answer lies in the question, WHAT’S STOPPING YOU????
Have you heard of the adage “You are your worst enemy?”
How often have you talked yourself out of following or chasing your dreams and passions because you thought that you were not good enough, or you couldn’t handle it, or there was too much to lose?
You’re actually stuck in a mindset of fear and scarcity.
A scarcity mindset usually has you stuck in such thoughts that stem from a place of fear. You end up having a very poor view of yourself, your self-image, your self-esteem, rendering your unable to take risks that will get you closer to your goals.
Most surely, these 48% of the American population experienced such thoughts, but they broke through them and changed the record.
Instead of operating and living from a mindset of fear and loss, they shifted to a mindset of abundance, where they were able to expand their perspective (there is plenty to go around) and opened their lives to the limitless opportunities out there that drove them towards creating the lives that they wanted.
How can you do that?
- Know that there is enough to go around and that there are limitless resources for everyone.
- See the glass as half full, and not half empty (change perspective)
- Grow your skills and be open to learning things that you never considered learning before to support your dreams and passions
- Look at obstacles as stepping stones and not road-blocks.
- Be generous and practice gratitude, for yourself and others.
- Embrace Change. Sometimes moving out of your comfort zone can be difficult, but it is what gets you what you want.
2022 is just around the corner, will you be approaching it with a mindset of scarcity, or abundance?